Category Archives: Community

Compassion, Faith & Action

Acts 3:6-7 “But Peter said, “I don’t have any silver or gold for you. But I’ll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!”  Then Peter took the lame man by the right hand and helped him up. And as he did, the man’s feet and ankles were instantly healed…”

Yesterday, we looked at our first lesson, compassion, from the four friends in the story in Mark 2:1-12 [please read]. 1 Cor. 10:24 “People should be concerned about others and not just about themselves.” (GW, emphasis added). Read the rest of this entry

Compassion

Rom. 15:2 “We should all be concerned about our neighbor and the good things that will build his faith.” (GW, emphasis added)

Our first lesson from the friends of the paralytic man in Mark 2:1-12 [please read] is they had compassion. These four friends became concerned for a hurting friend. Most times, people are just not concerned. Read the rest of this entry

The Workings

Ex.38:22-23 “Now Bezalel, son of Uri son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, had made all that the LORD had commanded Moses; at his side was Oholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan, carver and designer, and embroiderer in blue, purple, and crimson yarns and in fine linen.” (Torah)

From this scripture, we see that the Spirit of God is the creative Spirit. It is a misnomer to say you are filled with the Holy Spirit and you are anything but creative. Please read Proverbs 22:29. What are you doing in front of obscure men? Read the rest of this entry

When Light Flows, III

Prov. 27:17 “Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend [to show rage or worthy purpose].” (AMPC)

My light flows and shines when I call things that be not as though they were and my light flows when I am engaged in community. There are things that you want to get, there are levels of light and revelation that you need for life that will only come when you do life with other Christians. Read the rest of this entry

Open Heart

Prov.11:25 “…those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.”

How have you done on the challenge from yesterday? I am sure you have discovered that in truth, those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed. In addition to yesterday’s challenge, Read the rest of this entry

We Can!

Heb.10:23 “Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.” (emphasis added).

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us. We are doing what we are doing because we can through Christ who strengthens us. We are feeding the poor because Read the rest of this entry

Better Together

Philip.4:13 “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.”

Our very first service on the property GFH HQ is sitting on was very dramatic. We are responsible and we believe in excellence, so we did the responsible thing. Read the rest of this entry

On Purpose

Matt.13:33 “Jesus also used this illustration: “The Kingdom of Heaven is like the yeast a woman used in making bread. Even though she put only a little yeast in three measures of flour, it permeated every part of the dough.”

God chose Abraham because He knew Abraham will command his house after The Lord. While Lot was living with Abraham, Abraham probably taught and discipled him in the way of The Lord. Read the rest of this entry

Common Good

James 5:16 “Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.”

When God instructs us not to forsake the fellowship of the brethren, it is for our own benefit. There is healing in community, we are better together. If you fall ill, do not isolate yourself; Read the rest of this entry

GOD’s Economics

Eccl.4:9 “Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.”

It is God’s heart for us to live in community and not be in isolation. God delivers a whole lot of value to us through community. We need people; we are not designed Read the rest of this entry