Category Archives: Community

Right Company

1 Samuel 18:1 “…Jonathan was deeply impressed with David—an immediate bond was forged between them. He became totally committed to David. From that point on he would be David’s number-one advocate and friend.” (MSG)

We need models, mentors, and allies, and we need friends; God puts us in community where we will have access to these four kinds of people. Where do you want to be in five years? If you do not have a model for where you want to be in five years, a model who has been there and that you are imitating, Read the rest of this entry

In Community

Luke 11:1-2 “Once Jesus was in a certain place praying. As he finished, one of his disciples came to him and said, “Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples.” Jesus said, “This is how you should pray…”

As we tackle this decade of destiny, this decade of light, in addition to choosing the Right Values and choosing the Right Guide, we need to choose the Right Team. Back to the illustration of the doors, when the light comes on, we can see the opportunities that lie ahead of us. Read the rest of this entry

Together

Ecclesiastes 4:9 &12Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed… A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.”

God creates people and puts them in community because we are designed for community. Do you know that the number one problem of man was not sin? The number one problem of man was isolation. Genesis 2:18 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.” Read the rest of this entry

What’s Next?

Acts 8:36-38 “As they rode along, they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “Look! There’s some water! Why can’t I be baptized?” He ordered the carriage to stop, and they went down into the water, and Philip baptized him.”

Everyone has a next step because growth requires movement. You have a next step in your business, in your career, and even in your spiritual life. Your next step could be to get baptized, or your next step could be to go through a spiritual growth class. Read the rest of this entry

Sustainer

Isaiah 43:2 “When you pass through the deep, stormy sea, you can count on me to be there with you. When you pass through raging rivers, you will not drown. When you walk through persecution like fiery flames, you will not be burned; the flames will not harm you” (TPT)

What an assurance! Mark 8:25Jesus put his hands over the man’s eyes a second time and made him look up. The man opened his eyes wide and he could see everything perfectly. His eyesight was completely restored!” (TPT). Read the rest of this entry

His Plan, His People II

Ex.5:1 “Afterward Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, “Thus says the Lord, the God of Israel, ‘Let my people go, so that they may celebrate a festival to me in the wilderness.’” (NRSV, emphasis added).

The centre of that great vision that God has planted in your heart has to be God and people. Do not assume that because God has spoken to you it means you can achieve your purpose alone. Moses tried to do it alone and it landed him forty years in the wilderness. Read the rest of this entry

His Plan, His People

Neh.2:17-18 “But now I said to them… Jerusalem lies in ruins, and its gates have been destroyed by fire. Let us rebuild the wall of Jerusalem and end this disgrace!” Then I told them about how the gracious hand of God had been on me… They replied at once, “Yes, let’s rebuild the wall…”

It is a miracle and a total privilege to be able to worship God, the Maker of the heavens and the earth. God did not tell Moses to say to Pharaoh ‘let my people go’. That was not what God told Moses. It was more than that. Read the rest of this entry

The Anchor

Col.2:7 “Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.”

To occupy until Jesus comes, you first have to take the territory and secondly, be planted. Every Christian should be planted in a local church. There is nothing like a floating or a roving Christian. It does not exist, check the Bible. Read the rest of this entry

The Celebration

Mark 2:12And the man jumped up, grabbed his mat, and walked out through the stunned onlookers. They were all amazed and praised God, exclaiming, “We’ve never seen anything like this before!” [emphasis added].

Jesus was still there teaching, so why was the man who had just been healed going home or where was he going? His friends were on the roof throughout, they did not climb down the ropes they used to lower their friend. Read the rest of this entry

Persistent Action

2 Cor. 5:20 “So we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making His appeal through us; we [as Christ’s representatives] plead with you on behalf of Christ to be reconciled to God. (AMP)

From the story of the four men in Mark 2:1-12 [please read], we have learnt we must have compassion on others, we need to have faith and we need to act. Luke 14:23Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.” (KJV, emphasis added). Read the rest of this entry