Category Archives: Community

Benefits

Ps.103:1(AMPC) “Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul; and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name! 2 Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits”

When we deploy the power of “we”, the first thing we get is help. The second thing is we get Warmth. Eccl.4:11 “Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm. But how can one be warm alone?” I am not talking about physical warmth alone, Read the rest of this entry

Speak Up!

Eccl.4:10 “If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.”

We are a community and God has put people in your life to help you. You are not designed to go through life alone. There are people that God has put around you, prayerfully identify them and open up to them. Read the rest of this entry

Relationships

Dan.2:17 “…Daniel… told his friends… what had happened. 18 He urged them to ask the God of heaven to show them his mercy by telling them the secret, so they would not be executed along with the other wise men… 19 That night the secret was revealed to Daniel in a vision…”

Daniel had friends, people he was doing life with, people who could pray for him and with him. Do you have friends? Daniel was in a “Life group”, are you in a Life group? You are the average of the three people you spend the most time with. Read the rest of this entry

Under or Above Pressure?

Dan.2:14 “When Arioch, the commander of the king’s guard, came to kill them, Daniel handled the situation with wisdom and discretion. 15 He asked Arioch, “Why has the king issued such a harsh decree?” So Arioch told him all that had happened.”

There is so much to learn from how Daniel handled the situation with the king. Daniel was a master negotiator. Daniel’s life was at stake, but he was calm. It was like there was a gun pointed to his head, but he was not under pressure or hysterical. Read the rest of this entry

Mission Field

Acts 20:24 But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.”

Our scripture reference today poses us a question that you and I must answer for ourselves. Darius said to Daniel, “May your God, whom you serve so faithfully, rescue you” [Dan.6:16]. Read the rest of this entry

Better Together

Heb.10:24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. 25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of His return is drawing near

These three boys could easily have bowed to protect their livelihood and their lives, then repent afterwards. This is what a lot of people do because they have convinced themselves that it is okay, God understands. Just bow, Read the rest of this entry

The People I

Matt.2:1 Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, “Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him.”

Just as divine guidance was key to locating Christ, divine guidance will be key to locating your destiny.

Read the rest of this entry

Community

Heb.10:25 (ERV) “We must not quit meeting together, as some are doing. No, we need to keep on encouraging each other. This becomes more and more important as you see the Day getting closer.”

Losing one’s joy is usually the beginning of backsliding. The first thing the enemy attacks is joy. Almost all the cases of backsliding amongst people that I know started with loss of joy. Read the rest of this entry

Force Multiplier

Ex.17: 10Joshua did exactly as Moses had instructed him to do. He gathered the strongest men he could find and fought against the soldiers of Amalek. Meanwhile, Moses, Aaron, and Hur climbed to the top of the hill” [with emphasis]

The Power to Prevail is Multiplied in Community. Ex.17:9 Moses called for a young leader named Joshua. Moses (to Joshua): Select some of our best men, and go fight against the soldiers of Amalek…” [with emphasis]. Joshua could not go and fight all by himself. Moses did not expect Joshua to go alone. Joshua needed to attend to this assignment with a team and that was exactly what he did. Even Moses did not go up on the hill alone.

Read the rest of this entry

Engage

1 Pet.3:3 “Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. 4 You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.”

1 Pet.3:5This is how the holy women of old made themselves beautiful. They put their trust in God and accepted the authority…” God is just amazing! Right here in His Word, He has laid out the keys to lasting beauty. Do not get me

wrong; as a lady you must take care of yourself. But you are not to be completely focused on looking good, sounding right and smelling good. If you are not good within, all those things will not matter. Imagine buying a designer perfume, the package came with the designers seal so you have no reason to Read the rest of this entry